Bridges-Hall Manor was built by the Hall family in 1884, and Carey Hall was the first to invite long-term boarders into the home. Later the home was known as the Harmon-Hall House and overnight guests began to enjoy the quaint charm. Then Ms. Carol Kotroulis realized her dream of running a bed and breakfast, naming it Bridges-Hall Manor, using her maiden name. Now Ms Carol has retired and Donnie Cook, who grew up in Houston, has purchased it and will maintain the name Bridges-Hall and the hospitality that the community has come to know over the 140 years the home has been a part of Houston's charm.